Media accreditation for UNCTADXIII is strictly reserved for members of the press - print, photo, radio, TV, film, news agencies, and online media who represent a bona fide media organization (Full guidelines available here
Deadline to apply for pre-media accreditation is: 12 April 2012
Opening of accreditation on-site: 17 April 2012
How to request a media accreditation
Media representatives are request to send:
- A letter of assignment (PDF format) on official letterhead of a media organization signed by the Publisher or Editor-in-chief indicating the name and duration of assignment of the journalist(s) who will cover the Conference
- AND a copy of the filled out accreditation form (English and French)
- Send scanned copies of both (letter + form) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to +41229170030
- The Government of Qatar requires members of the press to provide a list of equipment (still photo/video, lighting....) they intend to bring into the country.
The Media Equipment Registration Form must be submitted to:
Mr. Ahmed Al-Marzouqi, Ministry of Business and Trade
Incomplete requests will not be processed. Confirmation of your accreditation will be sent to the email provided in the form.
No double accreditation is allowed (e.g. both as a journalist and as a delegate).
How to pick up your media accreditation
Once you receive an e-mail confirming that your request for accreditation has been approved, you can obtain your media press pass on site from 17 to 26 April 2012.
When picking up your media press pass, you must present:
- Valid passport from a State recognized by the United Nations General Assembly.
- Second ID which could be a press card, work ID, driver's license or other form of photo ID.
The Conference will take place at the Qatar National Convention Centre, Education City, Doha, Qatar